Applications And Fees
Fees for the 2018-19 School Year for Children Under 3 Years Old
The school is run on a full time, 30 hour week, basis, which all children are expected to attend, and the fee for the 2018-19 year is £2,900 per term.
This breaks down to only £228.95 per week over the 38 week school year, or £45.79 per day (this fee is reduced for those who are three or over; please see separate fees information sheet).
Payments are made by monthly direct debit, via GoCardless, paid on 1st of each month for 11 months from 1st August 2017.
· Fees for school year 2017-18 will be £790.91 per month from August 1st 2018
· Children having their third birthday during the school year (and thus becoming eligible for 15 or 30 hours funding schemes) will have their yearly fee calculated and divided equally over 12 months from August 1st 2018. Please ask us for a quote.
· We accept both ‘Childcare Vouchers’ and ‘Tax Free Childcare’ payments. Parents paying using either scheme will have their yearly fee, after voucher payments, calculated and divided over 12 months from August 1st 2018. Please ask us for a quote.
All fees are payable in advance.
We offer up to two fully funded ‘Golden Voucher’ places to two year olds per year. Please CLEARLY state that you are applying for a fully funded place when you apply to us. Places are allocated on first come first served basis. Once these places are filled, you can still use your Golden Voucher, but will be required to pay an additional services charge.
Fees for the school year 2018-19 for children OVER three years old
The school is run on a full time, 30 hour week, basis, which all children must attend.
From the term after they turn three years of age, all children are eligible to claim 15 hours of government funding. The fee for the remaining hours, and additional services, is just £2,100 per term (there are three terms in a school year). This breaks down to just £165.79 per week, or £33.16 per day over 38 weeks of the year.
Some families will be eligible for 30 hours government funding depending on your working circumstances. At The de Lacey Montessori School we are pleased to be able to offer you access to this funding scheme with an ‘additional services’ charge, more information on which can be found below. The additional services charge, with 30 hours funding, for the school 2018-19, for children over 3 years old, is just £1,300 per term. This breaks down to £102.63 per week, or just £20.52 per day.
Payments are made by monthly direct debit, via GoCardless, paid on 1st of each month for 12 months from 1st August 2018. After the entitlements as outlined above, for children over three the monthly fees are as follows:
- Parents who are claiming 15 hours of funding will pay just £572.72 on the first of each month from August 1st 2017
- Parents who are claiming 30 hours of funding will pay just £354.54 on the first of each month from 1st August 2017
- Parents who pay using childcare vouchers or tax free childcare, your fee will also be calculated into a 12 equal monthly payments from 1st August 2017. Please ask for a quote.
All fees are payable in advance.
Fee Information for Children Over Three Years Old - The government’s 30 Publicly Funded Hours offer
You may be aware that the government is launching a new scheme to help working parents with childcare costs by offering 30 Publicly Funded hours of childcare. Here at The de Lacey Montessori School we are keen to offer you the benefits of this offer.
As the funding rate the government pays us is not enough to cover our costs, we will only be able to offer two fully funded places at any one time. Please make sure that you explicitly request a fully funded place if this is what you would like to apply for, when applying, as these are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
We offer our remaining places with a small ‘additional services’ charge for the many services that we offer you over and above those that we are required to offer. The fee will £1,300 per term, £103.63 per week, £20.52 per day, after the deduction of the 30 hour funding.
Although we are required to tell you that the hours are ‘free’ it is much more useful to view them as a subsidy, which is what they are in reality.
The Additional Services’ that your fee will be paying for include the following:
· One-to-one Montessori teaching workshops every day, tailored to the unique needs of your individual child, allowing them to excel quickly
· Staff qualified well in excess of that required, including four Montessori qualified teachers, and an Early Years Professional
· A staff ratio that is always much higher than we are required to provide, so key persons have just 6 or so key children to focus on
· A staff team accredited in the delivery of the ‘Let’s Talk Together’ programme each and every day, all day, ensuring that your child has quality speech and language development input every time they interact with a staff member,
· A staff team accredited in the delivery of the ‘Healthy Early Years’ programme each and every day, all day, focusing on making healthy eating, physical activity, personal, social and emotional development and wellbeing an integral part of all we do,
· Forest School sessions for every child,
· Weekly specialist sessions in yoga, Tai-Chi, multi sports and music,
· A hot, healthy, freshly cooked vegetarian lunch prepared by our own cook on site daily,
To qualify for the 30 hours, either as a completely free place, or a subsidised place, you will need to prove your eligibility. The criteria is that both parents are working, with a lower threshold of 16 hours per week at minimum wage, and an upper income of £100,000 each. For single parents, it will be that the single parent works within these thresholds. You can check your eligibility and make your claim at www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Whether you wish to be put on the waiting list for one of the fully-funded “free” places, or to enrol your child for a fee-paying place, please apply quickly (stating which option you have selected) as places always go very quickly. Places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
"Free the child''s potential, and you will transform him into the world."
Maria Montessori 1870-1952